TODAY:Raul Castro to step down as Cuba’s president in April 2018. Ivanka the deal maker: First daughter is hailed for crucial role in getting Trump’s $1.5 trillion tax cut package passed.Third organ found at Detroit wastewater plant.Illinois Lost 1 Resident Every 4.3 Minutes In 2017, Dropped To 6th Most Populous State. North Korean soldiers were spotted seemingly tracking defector. Congress instructed the Department of Justice on Thursday to turn over all documents.House Republicans quietly investigate perceived corruption at DOJ, FBI.Prosecutors ask FBIagents for info on Uranium One deal. House IT Aides Ran Car Dealership With Markings Of A Nefarious Money Laundering Operation.Israeli Politicians Demand Obama Forfeit Nobel Peace Prize After Hezbollah Report
IHATEBROCCOLI.COM brings you six minutes of headlines daily you care about.
No opinion pieces, no hit pieces, and no fluff.
I’m El Dub
All feed issues resolved themselves without our intervention yesterday. If you would give us some stars on your podcast app.
If you want to then speed up your news, manually enter our RSS feed from the website. Help at the contact page.
The Straits Times:Raul Castro to step down as Cuba’s president in April 2018
Cuban President Raul Castro will step down in April 2018 straight after elections that same month to choose his successor, according to a vote on Thursday (Dec 21) in the island state’s National Assembly.
The vote pushed back the date of the general elections, which were initially to be held at the end of February, because of disruption caused by a hurricane in September.
The elections will now take place on April 19.
Daily Mail:Ivanka the deal maker: First daughter is hailed for crucial role in getting Trump’s $1.5 trillion tax cut package passed
* The president’s daughter is raking in acclaim from Republican lawmakers who say her lobbying was critical to the approval of the GOP’s tax cut package
* Sens. Bob Corker, Tim Scott and Marco Rubio have hailed her in recent days
* Corker said Thursday that Ivanka ‘deserves a lot of credit’ for the tax cuts
* Ivanka said it was a ‘team’ effort but admitted: ‘I spent a lot of time on behalf of the administration’
* White House is promoting tax slash as America’s Christmas present; businesses immediately piled on with more good news
* AT&T will pay $1K bonuses as soon as President Trump signs tax cut bill into law and promised to invest and extra $1 billion in America next year
* Boeing aannounced a plan to spend an additional $300 million on its employees and charities, also tied to the tax plan
* A Cincinnati bank said it will bonus 13,500 employees $1,000 each and raise its minimum wage to $15 per hour because its tax rate will soon plummet
* Wells Fargo is matching that $15 minimum wage and giving $400 million to charities
* FedEx says if tax cuts spur GDP growth it will likely expand hiring
* Comcast NBCUniversal said it’s giving out $1,000 bonuses to more than 100,000 workers
Fox2detroit:Third organ found at Detroit wastewater plant
ZeroHedge:Illinois Lost 1 Resident Every 4.3 Minutes In 2017, Dropped To 6th Most Populous State
WSJ:North Korean soldiers were spotted…seemingly tracking [a] defector, and crossed briefly into the South. In response, South Korean guards fired 20 warning shots, prompting the North Koreans to halt before returning to the northern side of the border, the ministry said.
Washington Free Beacon: Congress instructed the Department of Justice on Thursday to turn over all documents and communications that may be related to newly disclosed efforts by the Obama administration to handicap an investigation into the terror group Hezbollah and its Iranian benefactors, according to a letter sent to Attorney General Jeff Sessions obtained by the Washington Free Beacon.
Politico:House Republicans quietly investigate perceived corruption at DOJ, FBI
NBC:Prosecutors ask FBIagents for info on Uranium One deal
On the orders of Attorney General Jeff Sessions, Justice Department prosecutors have begun asking FBI agents to explain the evidence they found in a now dormant criminal investigation into a controversial uranium deal that critics have linked to Bill and Hillary Clinton, multiple law enforcement officials told NBC News.
The real story is NBC/MSNBC are asking questions!
Daily caller: House IT Aides Ran Car Dealership With Markings Of A Nefarious Money Laundering Operation
Daily Caller:Israeli Politicians Demand Obama Forfeit Nobel Peace Prize After Hezbollah Report
Related: POLITICO: https://www.politico.com/interactives/2017/obama-hezbollah-drug-trafficking-investigation/
Enough! Was supposed to be an easy day.
Yahoo!:Dow is at 24,830
Go subscribe at our web site IHATEBROCCOLI.com then:
I like to tell people about shows I like. The producer folk undoubtedly have additional ones that they will share someday. I listen to Dave and Caroline Lee’s the Bug Cast at thebugcast.org. The notion of better health through less media noise comes from http://www.noagendashow.com. And for a dr. Demento style podcast I can’t explain: nicktherat.com.
Subscribe and show them some love.
We will have a Christmas show here on Christmas Day so remember to tune in. It will be a preproduced music show as only we would do.
Trot over to ihatebroccoli.com for our excellent show notes and contact page. Subscribe on all your friends’ iPhone podcast app or any other platform at our website.
IHATEBROCCOLI.COM brings you four million minutes of headlines you care about. No opinion pieces, no hit pieces, and no fluff.
This has been the News in My Briefs from IHATEBROCCOLI.COM.
I’m El Dub
I wonder what’s going on on 4-chan…