NiMB 63: Monday 2-12-2018
TODAY: Trump’s $1.5 TRILLION infrastructure plan. Prosecutors set to recommend PROBATION for 61-year-old man who admitted to molesting his seven-year-old granddaughter. Investigation launched into Aetna after former medical director admits he NEVER viewed patient records before approving or denying care. Snowboarder Jamie Anderson says she unleashed her ‘lion power’ to clinch gold at the Winter Olympics. Days to Fish. Dow volatility.
IHATEBROCCOLI.COM brings you a daily news podcast for busy people. Listen anytime for the News you didn’t hear about.
No opinion pieces, no hit pieces, and no fluff.
I’m el Dub.
I am wearing a tore up hat with an oil stain today.
Show Notes: [ http://bit.ly/NiMB63 ]
DailyMail:Trump’s $1.5 TRILLION infrastructure plan will hit Washington on Monday as president says America needs to spend money ‘in our country’ instead of the Middle East
* Massive infrastructure push will target roads, bridges, tunnels, rail, seaports and airports
* Trump is banking on states and other smaller governments to spend most of the money
* ‘This will be a big week for Infrastructure,’ Trump tweeted Monday morning
* ‘After so stupidly spending $7 trillion in the Middle East, it is now time to start investing in OUR Country!’
DailyMail:Prosecutors set to recommend PROBATION for 61-year-old man who admitted to molesting his seven-year-old granddaughter
* Dean Hilpipre, 61, was charged with two counts of second-degree sex abuse in July for molesting his now seven-year-old granddaughter
* The two counts carried a penalty of up to 50 years in prison
* The Alden, Iowa man struck a plea deal with prosecutors in December
* Prosecutors are set to recommend his sentence be suspended and that he only serve probation
* The judge will have the final say at the sentencing hearing on February 23
* Hilpipre also recently won $100,000 playing an Iowa lottery game
DailyMail:Investigation launched into Aetna after former medical director admits he NEVER viewed patient records before approving or denying care
* A probe has been launched into Aetna’s former medical director Dr. Jay Ken Iinuma
* Iinuma admitted he never checked patient medical records when approving or denying services
* The primary care physician relied on nurse recommendations for patients rather than doing his own review
* California’s Insurance Commissioner Dave Jones said the case is ‘troubling’
* He also said Iinuma’s careless practices could be ‘potentially a violation of law’
* Jones urges patients who believe they were ‘adversely affected’ by Iinuma’s practices to contact his office
DailyMail:Snowboarder Jamie Anderson says she unleashed her ‘lion power’ to clinch gold at the Winter Olympics… and listened to Dr Dre to get herself in the zone
* Jamie Anderson, 27, won gold in slopestyle event in Pyeongchang, South Korea
* She remained focused as others fell by the wayside in brutal weather conditions
* Many of her competitors slammed skiing officials for not postponing the event
* But with the help of her favorite rapper, she eased clear of chasing pack to win
DailyMail:Big cat poacher is mauled to death and EATEN by the pride of lions he was hunting with only his head remaining at South African game reserve
* Man is believed to have been hunting pride of lions when the big cats attacked
* Screams were heard as he was being mauled to death at South African reserve
* The lions devoured most of the poacher’s body but left his head untouched
Tomorrow and through the week are great fishing days. Best day Wednesday at 4p.
Yahoo: DOW at 24,571
RUSH over to ihatebroccoli.com for our excellent show notes and contact page. Subscribe on your iPhone podcast app, Android app, or any other platform at our website. And please share us with your friends and enemies.
Nominate your own News Criminal of the Day! Give us your handle, their handle and the social media network y’all are on at the contact page
IHATEBROCCOLI.COM brings you at least six minutes of headlines you care about. No opinion pieces, no hit pieces, and no fluff. This has been the News in My Briefs from IHATEBROCCOLI.COM.
*Intro and Outro music by Steve Combs and freemusicarchive used with permission by attribution under CC3 and CC2