NiMB 80: Friday 3-9-2018
TODAY: Surviving A Kamikaze Attack: A Story From USS Callaway During The War In The Pacific. Record 2,413 child pornography cases detected in Japan in 2017. Millennials are starting to hate social media, too. GOP senator: Justice Kennedy is going to retire this summer. Washington in shock after Trump ACCEPTS stunning invitation to meet North Korean despot by May after rogue nation agrees to suspend nuclear and missile tests. Nonfarm payrolls increase by 313,000 in February vs. 200,000 est.
IHATEBROCCOLI.COM brings you a daily news podcast for busy people. Listen anytime for the News you didn’t hear about.
No opinion pieces, no hit pieces, and no fluff.
I’m el Dub. The opinionator.
Show Notes: [ https://wp.me/p9phQn-6o ]
CNBC:Nonfarm payrolls increase by 313,000 in February vs. 200,000 est.
* Nonfarm payrolls rose by 313,000 in February while the unemployment rate remained at 4.1 percent, the lowest since December 2000.
* Wage growth was muted, however, with average hourly earnings up 2.6 percent on an annualized basis, 0.2 percentage points below expectations.
* Stock market futures surged following the Bureau of Labor Statistics report.
DailyMail:Washington in shock after Trump ACCEPTS stunning invitation to meet North Korean despot by May after rogue nation agrees to suspend nuclear and missile tests
* [President]Trump accept[s] Kim Jong-un’s invitation to meet in May says a South Korea official
* White House confirmed that talks would take place but did not specify time
* Neither South Korea’s Chung nor the White House said where a meeting would take place
* [President]Trump tweeted after announcement that ‘great progress being made’
* Kim has promised to freeze nuclear and ballistic missile tests until after talk
* U.S. Senator Lindsey Graham warned Kim on Thursday that ‘it will be the end’ of him if he tried to take advantage of [President]Trump
* Announcement welcomed by leaders in Russia, China, UK and Australia
TheHill:GOP senator: Justice Kennedy is going to retire this summer
Wrong way Kennedy retiring? The peculiar justice rumored to step down. This comes from Senator Dean Heller.
My thought: Trey Gowdy will take this job or replace Sessions.
New York Post:Millennials are starting to hate social media, too
Even millennials are getting sick of Instagram.
More than half of users between the ages of 18 and 24 revealed they are “seeking relief from social media,” according to a survey.
The poll, taken in December, found that 34 percent of young users reported having deleted social-media accounts entirely. Forty-one percent of respondents said they waste too much time on social media, and 35 percent agreed that people their age are too distracted by their online lives.
The most popular apps to quit permanently are Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, as well as the dating app Tinder. Snapchat, on the other hand, escaped most teens’ wrath.
Kyodo:Record 2,413 child pornography cases detected in Japan in 2017
Japanese police detected a record 2,413 child pornography cases in 2017, with many involving children tricked into sending nude selfies to perpetrators met online, a National Police Agency report said Thursday.
The police also took law enforcement actions against a record 1,703 perpetrators, up for the fourth consecutive year, with girls falling prey in most of the cases.
The details worsen as the article progresses.
Warhistoryonline:Surviving A Kamikaze Attack: A Story From USS Callaway During The War In The Pacific
It is January 7, 1945.
USS Callaway (APA-35) was steaming towards Lingayen Gulf, in the Philippines, as one ship in a massive invasion fleet. Onboard she had over 1,500 US Army troops.
They were there for one purpose; to take back the islands. Over three years before, Japanese troops had torn apart American defenses throughout the Philippine islands. The tide had turned, and now the United States were coming back in force.
However, the Japanese had some tricks up their sleeves.
Yahoo: DOW at 25,134!
I’m on vacation next week! There will be a few days with guest presenters from thebugcast.org and possibly Producer Tim!
RUSH over to ihatebroccoli.com for our excellent show notes and contact page. Subscribe on your iPhone podcast app, Android app, or any other platform at our website. And please share us with your friends and enemies.
Nominate your own News Criminal of the Day! Give us your handle, their handle and the social media network y’all are on at the contact page
IHATEBROCCOLI.COM brings you at least six minutes of headlines you care about. No opinion pieces, no hit pieces, and no fluff. This has been the News in My Briefs from IHATEBROCCOLI.COM.
*Intro and Outro music by Steve Combs and freemusicarchive used with permission by attribution under CC3 and CC2
**Remembering Billy, visit https://www.peacewithgod.net/